- Auto-layout: the app now attempts to guess the best number of columns for display. Hopefully his eliminates problems people were having with puzzles not fitting the screen. Let me know if you're having issues with it. Hint: for large puzzles such as the 21x21 sunday grids, use F11 to go full screen in your browser. (F11 again to exit full screen).
- Circled grid cells: occasionally puzzles will come with circled cells in the grid. this is now supported by xwordapp.com. New York Times subscribers can see an example by looking at the July 3, 2011 puzzle.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Pushed some minor improvements up to http://www.xwordapp.com/:
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Pushed another update to http://www.xwordapp.com/ tonight. This one incorporates some helpful suggestions from reddit (thanks folks!).
- You can now upload a .puz file (as an alternative to pasting a link)
- Turned off the "sympathetic highlighting" for the cross clues -- previously, both the across and down clues for the current cell were highlighted, with one slightly darker than the other to indicate the orientation. Now just the clue corresponding to the orientation is highlighted.
- Fixed a bug where the clue was not highlighted when the puzzle is first loaded.
Please keep the feedback coming!
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Tip: if you know the URL of the .puz you want to load, you can construct a link that will load it into xwordapp.com directly, like so: http://www.xwordapp.com/puzzles/get?url=[url]
Replace BEQ's puzzle URL with the one you want to load.
Pushed a bunch of updates to http://xwordapp.com/ last night and tonight:
- drastically simplified site flow - now you just need a .puz link to get started
- Fixed some help text
- Added partial support for tab/shift-tab based on a suggestion on reddit (thanks for that!). this is only a stopgap but does improve grid navigation a bit.
- added the facebook 'like' button so you can share your favorite puzzles with your FB friends
Enjoy and please let me know if you hit any issues!